Job Description - Care Giver / CNA
Responsibility for performing a variety of functions in providing quality care to residents. Within the limits of delegation, in order top provides personal care and psychosocial support to residents. You will assist with activities of daily living, housekeeping, cooking and activities. You will represent the highest standards of the New Haven commitment to individuals, their families and our community.
- Minimum qualification of high school diploma or GED. Prefer CNA certification.
- Must have experience as a caregiver and working with individuals diagnosed with Dementia. Will train the right person(s).
- Must be at least 21 years old (mature and dependable).
- Employee must be able to complete infection control training and have no communicable diseases.
- Employee must be familiar with the OSHA blood-borne Pathogen standards and observe all policy and procedures to protect self, other staff and residents from infection.
- This job will require, at times, the employee to lift in excess of 50 pounds in helping residents. Proper lifting techniques must be used to avoid injury to staff or resident.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be in good health.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be compassionate and give excellent resident care.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Superior knowledge of the New Haven Mission, staff and operations including a commitment to "person-directed" care.
- Assist residents in all aspects of ADL’s including, dressing, bathing, housekeeping, meals and activities.
- Develop relationships with residents that support their abilities.
- Perform daily record-keeping for residents and report any changes in routine or behavior to the Supervisor.
- Facilitate socialization among residents and engage in meaningful interactions.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings, care conferences or in-service training.
- Maintain a team focus and winning attitude with staff and families.
- As required by the Administrator of Management.
- Administer medications to residents when needed after being trained and delegated by nursing staff.
- Resident and facility laundry.
- Housekeeping including dusting, vacuuming, taking out garbage, cleaning bathrooms.